Love and light family! As the holiday season comes upon us - QUICKLY - I decided that I'd like to highlight some amazing companies and websites to help you wrap up that holiday gift giving.
So check out the first annual MOOREthanEnuff Holiday Stuff List! *Note all companies with an asterisk by the name will be providing items for the first annual MtE Holiday Stuff GIVEAWAY to be posted on Monday, December 14th!
I live for a good face beat and a great presentation of one's visage. Well these companies will absolutely DELIVER no matter your shade, preference or ethnicity!
The BFF Make Up artists often give me life for my shoots. Located in NYC, the team at BFF creates amazing faces and makes that skin flawless but natural. Book anything from weddings to a personal “pamper me day” for amazing results. Also, be sure to check out their limited edition Nathan Jalani Taylor makeup bags! Only a few left!
This is not your typical nail lacquer or as they say “not your mama’s nail polish!” Owner Kim Barker ensures that K2 has amazing hand-made shades that you can mix, match and layer to have the hottest nail beds around. And get this...each color is under 5.00!!!! So be sure to hit the site and get your fingers poppin!
Jewel or Jigga Jewel as she’s called has also blessed my skin. She laced me up as I took to the red carpets for the Peabody Awards in 2010. My skin GLOWED, and her energy is incredible. So if you want a bit more flutter in your blink or a great beat for that event, hit up Jigga Jewel and make that appointment!
HEALTH & WELLNESS
Many of you know of my constant battle with the bulge. Well I'm sure I'm not alone. And for those that have won the battle, maintenance is a focused task as well. To help you get it done, and look great doing it....check out these companies!
1. *Baobab Wellness Guest blogger on the site at the top of this month, Baobab's Krishna Davenport has recipes, yoga training, Zuma parties and more to get you right and tight! Check out the site and see what goodness lies within for you.
2. *Still Prepn 247 Also a feature on the site - with the most views to date mind you - Madi Still has those HerbaLife products that she uses in her wellness coaching regimens, along with meal plans, daily check-ins and encouragement texts as well as accountability phone sessions. Let her get you on the road to losing the weight and gaining so much more!
3. Bklyn Fitness Owner and lead trainer Dennis Pierre has been a very big part of my fitness motivation. This man would come to my home at FIVE AM and work me out. But even more incredible is that he kept me looking cute in and out of my workouts! His athleisure luxe line is comprised of amazingly soft hoodies that boast phrases just as positive and powerful as Dennis. Shorts, sweats, tees...he's got it all. Check him out to be fly on the sidewalk or to be the toast of your gym.
I've been natural for years, but I don't ride for one or the other. Whether you rock a perm, weave, twist out or fade...the most important thing is that you hair is healthy underneath it all. These three companies will keep those tresses together and healthy from root to tip!
1. Anu Essentials In high school I didn't have a relaxer. My hair was natural and I was a braids and press-and-curl girl. But when I did braids and such, honey I DID THAT! And it was Khamit Kinks, owned and operated by Anu Prestonia that laced me. I even modeled for them and rocked Anus goddess braids to my high school prom! Today the natural haircare pioneer is a consultant with her own fab line and speaks worldwide on her amazing products and techniques. Check her out!
2. Carol's Daughter I can remember buying products from Lisa Price at Brooklyn festivals in the 90s and her packaging was simple jars that donned handwritten labels for the concoctions she put together in her Forte Green kitchen. Today she has one of the premiere hair and skincare lines out there and the company is incredibly loved and celebrity endorsed. One of my sistah friends even landed a national campaign with her! (We will be doing an interview with her in the New Year). But from Tui to any body butter or soufflé you want, Carol's Daughter has it.
3. Numa by Kiyomi - The Good Hair Shop Fellow Filmmaker and my college bff, Mark Eschoe and his family run an awesome, celebrity patronized shop down in ATL called the Good Hair Shop. They carry their own all natural products called NUMA Haircare, led by his lovely wife Kiyomi. I live and swear by the honeysuckle and almond leave in conditioner and the pomade. Perfect for the lady that wants to look good and have that healthy hair…and JESUS the scents – now THAT is good hair!
Your domicile is your sanctuary. Check out these home sites to pump up your chill at home!
1. Komfort Zone Owned and operated by my former music manager Yvonne Oxley, KZ has THE BEST smelling soaps and products. All hand cured and all natural. The Company has even opened a brick and mortar in Conyers Atlanta! But you don't have to worry if you don't live in the A or can't catch them at any of the awesome events and festivals they frequent, hit the site and get your soap game on fleek! Oh and fellas, the Beard Oils...your lady will be sure to be impressed!
2. Peace & Riot Nestled on Nostrand Avenue in Bedstuy, Brooklyn, this quaint shop is chock full of amazing items to bless your home or anyone else's!! From gorgeous pillows, to wine racks, to men's smoking accessories and awesome greeting cards, Peace & Riot can be a one-stop - shop for your holiday gift list; from stocking stuffers, to magical luxury gifting.
3. Le Noir Home – Neffi Walker This Jersey girl is known as the Décor Goddess. Her Instagram boasts personal decorating projects for clients, inspiration swipe and my favorite, her own personal inspiration…her beautiful and sassy mini-me Niles. But this lady can create any space you can think of and if your New Year’s resolution is to resituate your space, she can work with your budget, style and taste and create the ultimate redo for your spot!
1. #KemasKloset is my outlet for my fashion dreams. I style my projects and my own looks and in the New Year I will be taking on a few clients to makeover and work with. To book a consultation for a closet makeover or refresh or a styling experience where I will shop your closet for the look, contact us via the MOOREthanEnuff webiste. But these sites will keep you on-trend from your finger tips to your frocks while we get our exclusive Kemas Kloset site up J
2. Pop Up Plus Ignoring the ridiculous sizing standard in editorial and fashion, Pop Up She-E-O Camille Newman knows that the average woman has curves and that curves are totally IN. So if you want to rock the hottest styles for those incredible curvy silhouettes check out Pop Up Plus. This award winning plus size site carries size 14+ and has everything from trends to classic chic for you…and NOT those unseemly poorly made items of yesterday's plus shops.
3. Luxe Calore A few years ago I was volunteering at Style Gypsie CEO Latisha Daring’s awesome event, Ladies Who Brunch. I met this beautiful and petite powerhouse sister and she had this ENERGY. Well come to find out she is the owner and curator of amazing style and shopping site Luxe Calore and they cater to the style-wise male and female. This site runs the gamut in terms of price points and items. Check them out and find your bae the right look for that New Year’s turnup!
I hope you check out and love – and patronize – some of the sites we highlighted in our first ever Gift List. MOOREthanEnuff Media’s site will be a year old on my birthday (December 23rd) and even though it's my birthday I have some gifts for YOU. So check out the holiday list and make sure that you sign up to the website as well as like the FB Fan page. Also, be sure to follow both MtE and Okema on Instagram and Twitter. You can't win the good prizes if you are not signed up with both. *wink*